Thursday, September 27, 2012

Actions Speak Louder than Words

My dad was fond of the adage, "Actions speak louder than words." This became ingrained in me as I seem to have always been an observer, noting people's reactions to my actions, and also to the actions of others. Consequences to those actions, good and bad, played a big part in the concretion of my observations relating to the saying, thereby influencing my growing experience.

Having made the previous statements, I won't waste any more words regarding their appearance on this blog, twice in the same week after some sporadic blank spots.

One problem I see with this foundational tool of my life is that, as a writer I deal in words, so if my words aren't speaking as loud as my actions I may have a serious dilemma.

Another of my life tenets that I firmly believe in is that "attitude is everything," so perhaps if I maintain the mindset that my words are my actions, while keeping in mind, still another adage of "quality above quantity," my dilemma is transformed into a paradox, thereby ceasing to be a problem and becoming a mystery.

I like mysteries, don't you?



No comments:

Post a Comment