Monday, September 24, 2012

Back on the Beam

Well, it has been a while - a couple of weeks. Commitment is extremely important with writng, and writing is extremely important to me; so for me not to keep up with it should say a lot to anyone reading.

All I can do now is move on. If I haven't mentioned it anywhere previously, I am also committed to taking steps to continually move on. I have had a few positive changes take place in my physical, material world, so as soon as I can ease into a comfortable routine I think I will be able to move on with some steadiness and regularity, taking a few giant steps instead of baby steps all the time.

I have two short story deadlines that I am committing myself to making, and plenty of others which I may or may not make. The two I am adamant about are for the end of September and the middle of October. I may be back at the blogging, but I won't diddle here for long.

It does feel good to be back "on the beam." Those of you who know what true commitment is can understand what it's like to get back to a commitment, if only for the first time and still know that you are in that place where you can and will continue. For me it is sort of a pleasant "high" that comes from the familiarity of having been in that place before, a place that I refer to as "on the beam."

I hope to attract some followers along the way. The time has arrived. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment